Did you know that over half of the homes in the United States do not have enough insulation and experience significant air leaks. There are dozens of small cracks and leaks throughout your home coming from electrical outlets, plumbing and electrical lines, any openings or cracks where two walls meet, and the list goes on. In fact, there are so many of these small cracks that they mimic having a window open every day of the year.According to Energy Star, “Sealing air leaks around your home and adding insulation are two of the most cost-effective ways to improve energy efficiency and comfort in your home.” If what you are searching for is an energy efficient and environmentally friendly insulation solution that can reach all those hidden cracks, spray foam insulation is the way to go. What is spray foam insulation?Spray foam insulation is an insulation and air barrier material made of polyurethane that seals walls, floors, ceiling cavities, and cracks and gaps in your home against air movement.Here are two major reasons to love foam insulation:Can Save You MoneyAccording to The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) “about 56% of a home’s energy goes to heating and cooling, and properly functioning insulation can save you roughly 20% on those bills.”Foam Insulation has the capacity to expand and fill external wall spaces insuring proper insulation in those hard to reach areas.
Proper insulation can increase comfort in your home in many areas:
- Helps to improve indoor air quality: spray foam can serve as an air barrier that makes it tougher for pollen, dust, pollutants, and other allergens to enter your home.
- Greater Humidity control : those tiny gaps and cracks in your home that allow air to enter also promote higher humidity levels. Proper spray foam insulation can reduce humidity and the growth of mold.
- Protection from extreme weather: during intense summer or winter temperatures, your home will experience an even and comfortable temperature inside if it is properly insulated.
- Reduce outside noise: Spray foam can reduce the amount of noise that travels through your walls. Protecting you from the hustle and bustle of the outside world and potentially your neighbors from late night dinner parties or active children inside your home. Outside noise doesn’t just travel through your walls, but also through all those tiny air leaks that can be missed without proper sealing and insulation.
- Your attic can become a livable/comfortable space: If you plan to spend a lot of time in your attic, or attic storage is at the top of your “want” list, then proper foam insulation should be one of your priorities. Your home will truly benefit from spray foam insulation.
You can create a comfortable and energy efficient home that is kinder to our plant and your family.